A new twist on Shrimp Cocktail. We put Tequila in everything!
1 lb Large Shrimp
3/4 cup Tequila
3/4 cup Lime Juice
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 tbs Finely Chopped Shallots
6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 tbs Dijon Mustard
1. Cook shrimp in 4 cups of lightly salted water in large saucepan for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turns pink, stirring once.
2. Rinse shrimp under cold water; drain, peel and devein.
3. Combine tequila, lime juice, olive oil, shallots and 2 cloves of garlic in a large baggie.
4. Add shrimp to baggie and marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
5. Pour boiling water over the dried tomatoes; let stand for 30 minutes and drain.
6. Process the tomatoes in food processor until pureed.
7. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, 4 cloves of garlic and dijon mustard to processor.
8. Process with a few on/off turns until well mixed.
9. Drain the marinade from the shrimp and serve with the tomato aioli.