This tasty pasta dish is quite simple and brings together some great Moroccan flavors like honey, lemon, paprika and olives. While this recipe calls for chicken, you can substitute pork or omit the meat completely for a vegetarian dish. (picture is not the food item. I forgot to take a picture).
1 pound of chicken breast cut in 1 inch cubes
1 cup of kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
1/2 cup pine nuts
8 ounces fusilli, corkscrew or tube like pasta
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons of finely minced ginger
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup chopped mint
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons cornstarch
12 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. In a a bowl combine all ingredients for the sauce, stir well and then set aside in the refrigerator.
1. Toast the pine nuts in a preheated skillet until golden brown taking care not to burn. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package. When pasta is al dente remove from heat and drain.
3. Cook chicken in skillet until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Add pasta, olives, pine nuts, parsley and sauce. Stir and toss until evenly combined and well heated.
Where To Eat This Weekend: From Philly to the Shore
17 hours ago